European Focusing Association Conference 2018
Facets of Focusing
May 10-14, 2018
The ProgrammeA full conference timetable will be sent out in the New Year and will include workshops, lectures, discussion panels- and, of course, time for focusing exchange. Registration will be between 14:00-17:00 h on Thursday 10th May and departure after midday on Monday 14th May.
LanguageAs well as honouring the different ‘facets of Focusing’ we want to acknowledge the language differences within our European community. Although the language of the conference is English, we hope that language barriers can be overcome by volunteers who are prepared to offer translation for their own language group.
EFAFor those who wish to take part in carrying the European Focusing Association forward into the future all are invited to participate in the EFA General Assembly that will take place towards the end of the conference. Time will also be made for EFA project and interest groups throughout the conference.
Optional ExcursionsWe want to make sure that participants have the opportunity to visit the sites of this beautiful part of Greece and (if there is enough interest) half-day excursions may be arranged to: Argolis (Mycenae - Epidaurus) and/or Nafplio
- The ancient city of Mycenae (a world heritage monument and archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon) was a major centre of Greek civilization.
- The ancient theatre of Epidaurus (a Unesco world heritage listed monument) is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios, the healer, and was the most celebrated healing centre of the classical world. Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics.
- Nafplio is a very beautiful city. It was the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress (Palamidi) and the fortified islet of Burtzi.
Registration needs to be done in two stages.First of all, you need to register for the conference with the Hellenic Focusing Center:
Early Bird Rates (before 31 January)
- Regular Conference fee (before 31 January) 200 Euros: Includes conference fee for the whole conference and materials.
- For Students or the Unemployed (before 31 January)*140 Euros: Includes conference fee for the whole conference and materials.
- One-day participation (before 31 January) 70 Euros: Includes conference fee for one day and materials.
Conference Fees after 31 January
- Regular Conference fee (after 31 January) 250 Euros: Includes conference fee for the whole conference and materials.
- For Students or the Unemployed (after 31 January)*180 Euros: Includes conference fee for the whole conference and materials.
- One-day participation (after 31 January) 80 Euros: Includes conference fee for one day and materials.
- Your name
- The name of the conference (‘European Focusing Conference’)
- Whether you wish to occupy a single/ double/ or triple room
- The number of people who will occupy the room
- The cost of the room for the 4 nights of the conference (as stated above) (you need to arrange fewer nights or additional nights directly with the hotel)